Important Facts of The 7th Nation Address By Nana Akufo Addo
The president of the republic of Ghana; Nana Akufo Addo delivered the 7th update of the Coronavirus pandemic to the nation on 19th April, 2020.
Upon a close attention, Myinfoghana.com critically analyses the speech delivered by the president.
Below are the highlights of the speech:
1. Lockdown lifted.
2. Compulsory face masks
3. COLA for Civil/Public Servants
4. Reduction in cost of internet data
5. Enhanced contact tracing and testing.
6. LEAP support to the vulnerable via Momo
7. Ban on public gathering extended for some weeks.
8. Demurrage and rent charges on freights at seaports waived.
9. Essential workers brackets expanded.
10. Markets restrictions relaxed a bit.
11. Stimulus package to businesses expanded.
Although the Nana Akufo Addo lifted the ban, he urges the people of Ghana to the necessary safety protocols to uphold their safety in this global pandemic.
Attached to this article is a PDF format of the full nation address of president Nana Akufo Addo.